NY Uncontested Divorce: Are You a Candidate?
Uncontested divorce in NY is the best way to handle most NY divorces, but not everyone is a candidate for a this process.
To learn whether you are a candidate for a flat fee NY uncontested divorce, call David Centeno Law now for your free consultation at (866) 830-2064.
The benefits of an uncontested divorce through David Centeno Law, PC, is that we can get your divorce done affordably, for a flat fee, and lightning fast using our optional expedited service. Our expedited service gets you your NY divorce fast — in as little as a month!
To get an NY uncontested divorce fast and for a flat fee through David Centeno Law there are certain requirements:
- you and your spouse have to be in complete agreement as to the divorce itself;
- you and your spouse have to be in complete agreement as to the terms of the divorce, such as child custody, child support, visitation, spousal maintenance and equitable distribution;
- your spouse can not have an attorney.
If your spouse has his or her own attorney, it is still possible to get an uncontested divorce through David Centeno Law, although it will not be on a flat fee basis, but rather an hourly basis.
NY Uncontested divorce keeps your case out of court, which saves you time, money and heartache. Divorce is a difficult thing in and of itself; there is no need to make the process more painful.
If you can’t afford our rates, you always have the option of filing your case via the DIY program at the Court — although, that is certainly not recommended as you can mistakes that impact your rights, lead to the Court rejecting your case and ultimately taking a lot longer than if you just did it the right way from the get go.
Sadly, we have potential clients call us all the time who used a document prep company or a DIY service and their divorce has been pending for years and still is not done. After years of waiting, spending money they are unable to recoup and their time submitting and re-submitting documents to the Court, they have to start all over again. Don’t let yourself fall into this trap — contact us to handle your NY uncontested divorce correctly from the very beginning.
Having your divorce handled by a professional NY divorce lawyer from the outset is certainly the way to get your divorce done quickly, correctly and affordably.
To learn how to get your NY uncontested divorce done fast and for a flat fee, call David Centeno Law for your free consultation now at (866) 830-2064.
Thanks, author for sharing this informative post with us very interesting and useful.
Please can you assist? I would like to confirm if a divorce filed in Thailand would be legally recognised in New York – details are below, we got married in New York City at City Hall so need this to be legally recognised as a divorce there:
* i got married in New York (neither of us are US citizens or live there now). We had lived in New York City for 3 years.
* No one currently resides in NY, so NY does not have jurisdiction i am told
* i (jason) have lived in Thailand since the end of 2019 (and have an address, work permit etc.)
* i hold a Canadian passport
* my wife is an Italian citizen and lives in Poland currently
* we already agreed and finalised the split of financial assets in December 2022..
* we have a recent separation agreement held at my wifes lawyers office in new york (but are told this cannot be filed without the divorce paperwork)
* The separation agreement states that they separated just over 3 years ago
* i signed the separation agreement here in Thailand, my wife signed in Poland
* Both parties agree to getting the divorce done asap and have irreconcilable differences as the reason
I am told by my Thailand lawyer that “Normally the Thai court document will be translated to english and certified by the Foreign Ministry Consular section with notary, and this is sufficient (in other jurisdictions)”
can you please let me know if New York will accept the Thai divorce and we can get our NYC divorce finalized by the courts?
Thank you in advance for your assistance.