How Long Does a No Fault Divorce Take in NY?

You want to get a no-fault divorce and want to get it done fast!

Well, you’ve come to the right place.

Our law firm has developed an EXPEDITED SERVICE which gets you your divorce lightning fast. We get you you’re divorce in approximately 3 – 4 weeks!

This is the fastest process currently available – and better yet, it’s not fictional.

You might find somewhere that CLAIMS to be faster but they’re not telling you the whole story.

We’re up-front, no BS, and tell you the way things really are because we know that knowing the TRUTH is always better than telling you something you want to hear just to make a few bucks.

That’s NOT what we’re all about.

We build our business from referrals and providing you the fastest possible service – based in REALITY – which will in turn make you happy and help us build our practice.

So if you’re wondering “How Long Does a No Fault Divorce Take in NY?”, you’re in the right place!

There’s so much hype out there, that it’s sooooo important that you rely on only reliable sources when it comes to important decisions like hiring a divorce lawyer.

“How long is this gonna take?” is usually the first question client’s ask me.

Due to this high demand, we’ve created a unique system that minimizes the amount of time that your divorce will take while maximizing your ability to rely on us as your trusted legal advisers.

We are accredited by the Better Business Bureau and I’ve achieved a 10 out of 10 rating on, plus many rave reviews from clients.

Check it out for yourself: My Avvo Profile

Call (866) 830-2064 now to learn how to start your Quick New York Divorce today!

16 replies
  1. Robert
    Robert says:

    I am curious to know if I have no idea were my soon to be ex wife is will a court grant me a no-fault divorce. We have not been leaving together since 01′ and I have not hear or spoken to her in that same amount of time. We have no children, no assests.

    • Attorney David Centeno
      Attorney David Centeno says:

      If you don’t know where your spouse is you have three options:

      (1) You can attempt to locate her on your own

      (2) You can have us try to locate her for you

      (3) You can do what’s called a publication divorce, which is quite expensive and time consuming. This is when you publish a notice in the newspaper for a certain period of time to put your spouse on notice of the divorce proceedings against her.

      If you want to discuss any of this, please feel free to give us a call at (866) 830-2064. Thanks.

  2. juanito
    juanito says:

    What if you have no way in getting in touch with her? Is this a mandatory requirement by law to get in tuoch with your soon ex-wife/ husband before a no fault divorce praceedings can be initiated? Please clarify. Thanks. Juanito

    • Attorney David Centeno
      Attorney David Centeno says:

      Juanito, please see my answer above. To clarify, yes, you either need to serve her divorce papers, have her admit service of the papers or do a publication divorce. Please contact us at (866) 830-2064 to schedule a free no-obligation consultation. Thanks!

  3. Kathleen Castellano
    Kathleen Castellano says:

    Is it true that one has to wait one full year in NYS to file for a divorce? If this isn’t so, and there are no assets, children … etc …. only married four years … how long before one may file?

    Thank You,

    Kathleen Castellano

    • Attorney David Centeno
      Attorney David Centeno says:

      Kathleen, that is a good question as there is a lot of misinformation out there about filing for a New York divorce. The short answer is no, you do not need to wait a year in order to file for divorce in New York. There is a new no-fault law which permits you to file right away. If you’re interested in filing for a divorce we can certainly help you do it quickly, conveniently and affordably. Please give is a call to discuss the process in detail (866) 830-2064.

  4. Peter
    Peter says:

    Hello, This sounds good. But my question is what about a Guy who has only one child from his wife. He pays all the Bills. and she doesn’t work any more. In the past 3 years, She became a full time house wife. But they fight like Lions and Bears.
    So what happens to him if he wants to Divorce ? what happens to The House? The 2 Cars? The Child? Custody ? what will the Alimony be?

    You guys make the divorce sound Simple in only a regular scenario.

    • David Centeno
      David Centeno says:

      We can help you get a fast divorce even in complicated situations. Obviously if you’re in agreement the divorce is faster. If it’s contested then it will take longer.

  5. Marilyn
    Marilyn says:

    My husband will not agree to the divorce. We have 2 kids in common. He has some.mental illness but has not been diagnosed. I want supervised visitations. Can you help? We have no assets. I just want the fastest divorce and full custody of our kids. One which has autism and I do not feel he can take care of her needs due to his own condition which he is in denial about. Please advise?

  6. Chellie
    Chellie says:

    My husband and I have been separated 2003 and he has been deported for over 5 years. We have 1 child. How fast would I be able to get a uncontested expedited divorce. Also, how much?


Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *