New York Uncontested Divorce Lawyer
Doing your divorce in an “uncontested” way will save both you and your soon-to-be ex-spouse a great deal of money, time and heartache.
Now you can get a New York No Fault Divorce. Click to learn how!
Our New York uncontested divorce is a great way to save money, time and prevent the heartache from a litigious divorce.
3 out of 4 New York divorces are “uncontested.”
If you and your soon to be ex-spouse can agree upon the issues, then you qualify for a New York uncontested divorce.
If you need help reaching an agreement, our New York divorce mediation lawyers can help mediate your divorce.
What is an Uncontested Divorce?
Uncontested simply means not contested, or not argued or litigated. The issues commonly contested, or argued, in divorces are:
- whether both spouses want to get divorced
- the grounds for divorce (i.e., adultery, abandonment, cruel and inhuman treatment)
- the division of assets or liabilities
- child support, custody and visitation
- whether one spouse will receive maintenance or alimony